GiveCampus is growing rapidly: we’ve achieved 10X+ growth in the last two years 1-2 new schools join our community every day. But we want to grow faster, so we’re searching for our first Sales Executive to take things to the next level. This person will own the entire sales cycle: from prospecting and lead generation to negotiating and closing deals. (Note: Compensation will include bonus/commission.)
Responsibilities will include:
- Signing up tons of new schools to use GiveCampus.
- Refining our sales process and the way we track and analyze our pipeline.
- Conducting “cold” outreach to schools around the country.
- Delivering product demos and enhancing the content and structure of those demos as GiveCampus evolves.
- Attending conferences and industry events to pitch GiveCampus to prospective partners.
- Collaborating with our Marketing team to increase awareness of and inbound demand for GiveCampus.
- Collaborating with our Partner Success team to expand our partnerships with schools over time and maximize renewal.
- Working closely with the CEO to refine business/growth strategy based on insights from the sales process.
- Taking what you learn from the sales process to inform product development; working with our designers and engineers to ensure they are up to speed with emerging needs and requirements.
Key things we will be looking for:
- A proven sales record (extra credit if you’ve sold SaaS products, sold B2B/enterprise, and/or sold to schools).
- An extraordinary capacity to think on your feet and manage tough questions from prospective new partners.
- An engaging personality, a healthy sense of humor, and exceptional people skills (e.g., someone we want to get stuck in an airport with).
- An uncanny capacity to break the ice, to quickly isolate what somebody needs (and how you/GiveCampus can meet that need), and to cut to the chase and close.
- Ninja-level negotiating skills; the ability to focus prospects on value, not cost.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software such as Salesforce, Sugar CRM, or Close.io.
Extra credit if you have:
- A reference who tells us they bought something they wouldn’t have purchased if not for you, or something they weren’t planning to purchase until you sold them on it.
- Experience as one of the first salespeople at a start-up.
- Helped scale a sales team.
- Experience working in advancement/development or alumni relations at an educational institution or other non-profit.
- Experience at a tech start-up.
- Experience with crowdfunding, peer-to-peer fundraising, or other fundraising activities.
- Volunteered to help a school raise money or engage its alumni (e.g., as a “class agent”, “class chair/ambassador”, or “reunion committee member”).
How to apply:
If this role sounds like you, please send your resume and a quick note to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re also always looking to hire amazing people, so if you’re interested in what we’re building and want to be a part of it, please send us a note even if none of the listed positions are a perfect fit.Apply Now